Crispy Orange Cauliflower with Coconut Jasmine Rice
This recipe is in our weekly rotation and is one of our all time favorite dishes! The mixture of warm jasmine rice, with crunchy crispy cauliflower (and bok choy) drizzled with the most delectable sweet citrus dressing is beyond mouth watering!
○ 1 cup jasmine rice (I use: Lundberg because it's both organic + non-gmo)
○ 1 1/2 cups water
○ 1 tbs. coconut oil (I use: Dr. Bronner's brand - Unrefined)
○ 1 tbs. pink salt
○ 1 small cauliflower (broken into small bits)
○ 1 tbs. sesame oil (I use: Napa Valley Naturals)
○ 1 1/2 tbs. fresh grated ginger
○ 3 cloves garlic, minced
○ 1 cup fresh orange juice (I use: 365 brand, organic w/ Vitamin D + Calcium)
○ 1/4 cup maple syrup (I use: 365 brand, dark maple syrup)
○ 3 tbs. coconut aminos (I use: Big Tree Farms, organic, non-gmo, soy + gluten free )
○ 3/4 tsp. red chili flakes
○ 1 tbs. cornstarch
○ 2 tbs. water
1. Preheat oven to 450°F
2. Rinse jasmine rice and place into a small pot. Add in water, dash of salt and coconut oil. Bring to a boil then simmer with a lid for 13 minutes.
3. Rinse and cut your cauliflower. Lay parchment paper onto baking sheet then add your cauliflower and a tiny bit of avocado oil.
4. Put cauliflower in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. 15 minutes into baking, turn on pure convection and change heat to 480°F. This will burn the edges a bit.
5. While cauliflower is baking, make sauce!
6. In a saucepan, heat up sesame oil. Then add in your ginger and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes until fragrant.
7. Whisk in all of your ingredients EXCEPT cornstarch and water. Whisk for 2 minutes then crank up the heat and bring to boil.
8. While your sauce is heating up, place cornstarch and water into a separate bowl, then add it to sauce. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. You want to make sure the cornstarch has dissolved.
9. Take out cauliflower and carefully place it into a mixing bowl. Pour in your sauce (leave some on the side to top for later) and evenly coat your cauliflower.
10. Place cauliflower back on the baking sheet and cook for another 5 minutes.
11. Serve immediately over rice.
12. Optional - Bok Choy & spinach. I added in some extra greens, so feel free to add in any other veggies you enjoy!
Let me know if you make this or any of my other recipes in the comments below or on Instagram:
with the tag: