Asian Inspired Quinoa Bowl
I love this vegan and gluten free recipe. It's so simple and so good and it has been in our weekly rotation for some time now!
Quinoa is one of the healthiest and most nutritious foods on the planet! It's rich in fiber, minerals, antioxidants and all nine essential amino acids. It may improve your blood sugar and cholesterol levels and even aid weight loss.
If you’re not a fan of quinoa, I also love to use basmati or jasmine rice from Lundberg Family Farms which you can find at Whole Foods.
○ 1 cup dried quinoa (I use: Lundberg Family Farms, Organic + Non-Gmo Quinoa Tri Color)
○ 6 asparagus stalks, remove ends and cut into small bite size pieces
○ 1 cup shredded organic carrots
○ 3-4 tbs Coconut aminos (I use: Big Tree Farms, Coco Aminos Organic, Non-Gmo, Fair Trade or Coconut Secret brand)
○ Ground ginger
○ Onion powder (I use: Simply Organic brand)
○ Pink salt (I use: Frontier or Redmond brand)
○ Avocado Oil (I use: Primal Kitchen brand)
○ Optional: Sweet & spicy sriracha (I use: Yellowbird brand which is organic, non-gmo, zero added sugars and paleo + keto certified)
○ Optional: Avocado
1. Grab a mesh strainer and rinse quinoa very well. Add 2 cups of water to a medium pot and bring to a boil. Add quinoa to boiling water and simmer with lid for 15-20 minutes.
2. While quinoa is cooking, heat up olive oil on a frying pan. When oil is hot, add asparagus. Season with salt and pepper.
3. When asparagus + quinoa are done, add asparagus and shredded carrots to the quinoa pot. Mix well on low heat. Add in a dash of ground ginger, a few dashes of onion powder, coconut aminos, salt and pepper. You may add in more coconut aminos to your liking.
4. Build your bowl! You can also add some avocado which is a great source of vitamins C, E, K, and B-6, as well as riboflavin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and potassium. They also provide lutein, beta-carotene, and omega-3 fatty acids. Although most of the calories in an avocado come from fat, don't shy away!
If you make this recipe or any of the recipes that I share, please be sure to use the tag
I love to see your pictures and comments!